Thursday, June 16, 2011

My Tiny Treasures Quilt - My Name Quilt!

Marcia Ellen Wachuta - MEW


Midnight Blue, Evening Blue, and Wild Watermelon are perfect colors for my name.
I love blue and it is nice to have a bit of reddish.  I think it adds interest!


  • Used variation of my Scattered Quilt Pattern, I constructed a small quilt. 
  • I quilted it with my name all over the quilt in a wavy design.  
  • Video of the quilting at Work in Progress - The Quilting.
  • The quilt measures 30" X 32".  
  • Binding with an all machine embroidery binding and added a hanging sleeve on the top.
  • Hung it on the wall behind my quilting machine.
I added all my tiny treasures.....  Pins from quilting events and pins from when I was a teacher.  Pins from Relay for Life including a photo of my Dad who died of cancer in 1996.  My Mom is currently battling cancer.  I pinned up my tiny crocheted items that I made years ago.  Then I added charms, pins, and necklaces from four generations of my family.  They all  have special meanings.  As I was going thru' my treasures, I found the little beaded pins from the 90's!  Can you see the American Flag and the Packer G?  I decided to group the items, but I certainly could have just put them up in any order. 
What a delightful quilt project and the perfect spot for all the little memorabilia from the past. As I find more items, I will proudly display them on my quilted wall hanging. 
Ok --- I know I said only a few words, BUT this one needed a description and I didn't type, I copied and pasted from my post on Project Quilting - My Tiny Treasures Quilts - It's all in the Initials .
More photos in the Photo Gallery.  You can click on the photos to make them larger.

2 comments:

  1. Marcia, this is a fabulous idea! It almost becomes a wall-mounted scrapbook....all those keepsakes and memories! I love the concept for a sewing/quilting room. Thanks for sharing this!
    Jacque in SC
    quiltnsrep(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen this before, but not so up close. It is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I Love the Comments!