Monday, June 20, 2011

Mini Quilts







The Story of the Mini Comfort Quilts and why they are special to me.

A quilting friend of mine showed me how to make them several years ago and I have been making them ever since... Made hundreds of them -- never two alike -- some similar, but not identical. I get orders from churches and from individuals who just want to share the love with a friend who needs comforting.

I send them to my friends in need with get well cards and with sympathy cards. When my mother in law died I gave one to my father in law. I found out later when he died he had kept it on his dresser with the little printed message that I had pinned to it. Maybe it was comforting to know I was thinking of him and saying a prayer for him. We can't take away their pain, but maybe we can let them know we care...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks! I Love the Comments!