Sunday, July 31, 2011

Velvet Crazee Patch Button Pillows

In 2003 and 2004 I taught sewing classes in my quilting studio.  One of the classes was Velvet Crazee Patch Pillow tops. These are the three I made for my Mom.  First I made the three pillow tops. Then she sewed all the vintage buttons onto the pillow tops.  Most of the buttons were from my grandma's sewing tin.  She also added some new buttons. Then I sewed them together and made them into pillows.  She has them displayed on her sofa.

Sometimes I would back the pillows with a solid piece of velvet.  Sometimes I would just embroidery stitch on the velvet to make it look pieced and other times I would do a whole crazee patch pillow top on both sides of the pillow.
NOTE:  If you follow my other blog --- I shared these photos for a Hodgepodge Patchwork Tuesday Post. Velvet Button Pillows

















Mom and I decided making the crazee patches into pillows was a great way to display my grandma's old buttons.
I love ideas on displaying buttons, trinkets and jewelry.  I made a wall hanging for displaying treasures also.
  
How do you display your treasures?


Marcia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks! I Love the Comments!