Thursday, July 14, 2011

Update After Surgery - My Mom, Joanne Nordeen

Update on my Mom - Joanne Nordeen after surgery on Thursday night July 14, 2011

Mom's surgery was performed by a Neurosurgeon, who is world renowned and has been described to us as the best in the world. She was in great hands. 

Her surgery went well and they removed tumor. Results in about 5 days.

She is in ICU - Neuro Unit of the University Hospital.

Resting a lot, but talking some, remembering a lot of things short term and longer term!

Doc says we still need to get thru the next 24-48 hours, but everything looks good. 

Marty, my brother, is staying the night in the ICU room with our Mom to give me a break. Marty's wife, Ann and I are staying in a motel a half block away, to be close.

Thanks again for all the prayers. We are  blessed to have such wonderful friends and family.


My email is marcia@craftysewing.com --- I will read messages to Mom. Thanks!

And facebook messages.

3 comments:

  1. I'm very glad to hear she is doing so well & remembering things! I've been praying for her through out the day & will continue to until she's out of the woods. :) Thanks for keeping us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear that she is remembering things. That is amazing after just having brain surgery!! I have been thinking happy thoughts for you all day!!!! I had a rough day with my boys so I hope you didn't think I had forgot about you. I just couldn't get here until now.

    Mom--get better soon!! Stay strong and keep smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Positive thoughts going to you and your family.
    Stay strong!!!LORI

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! I Love the Comments!